How to Use Apple Earbuds as Mic on PC?>
Ever since Apple launched earbuds, they have probably outperformed all other brands in the market that cater to premium products. But sometimes the use of advanced technology brings with it some troubles.
Some users who are not tech-savvy often do not know how to use Apple earbuds as mic on their PC.
So, How to Use Apple Earbuds as Mic on PC,
To use Apple earbuds as mic on PC:
- On your PC, open Control Panel and look for Hardware and Sound Options
- Click on Manage Audio Devices which is under the Sound menu
- Select Recording and then find External Mic
- Activate your Apple earbuds and then make the connection. set these as default
The process is very easy to follow and you will now be able to use your Apple earbuds as a mic on your computer. However, there are many other ways to do this as well. In this article, we also cover all other possible scenarios and cover different types of computers.
How to Connect Apple Earbuds with an Audio Jack as Mic to PC?
If you are using a newer model of PC or laptop, you may notice that it uses a single audio slot. It functions as an output as well as an input or stereo and mono audio slots. You can use the standard 3.5mm audio jack on a computer to connect the earbuds.
Here are the steps to do it.
- Turn on your computer and then connect the Apple earbuds to the device’s 3.5mm jack
- On the computer desktop, right click on sound icon on taskbar, It should be in the lower-right corner of the desktop
- open sound From there click on Settings and then Recording Tab in new window that opens
- If you have connected your Apple earbuds to the computer, you should see them listed there
- If they are there, click on them and set them as omission
- If you don’t see them listed there, click microphone setup
- The computer will automatically detect the Apple earbuds and then it should be selected as the mic
- click on Applicable and then Ok, If necessary, restart your system once
After following the procedure in case you face airpods blinking orange Light issue, read our fix for it!
How to connect Apple earbuds as mic to PC with two audio jacks?
To connect Apple earbuds to a computer with two audio jacks, you’ll need to deploy additional hardware called an audio splitter.
The audio splitter has two audio jacks on one end that connect to the computer and a 3.5mm jack on the other end. This is where you put the Apple earbuds.
Once that’s done, connect the two audio jacks to the respective jacks on your computer. You can then follow the steps above to change computer settings.
How to Connect Earbuds with Lightning Connector as Mic to Computer?
What do you do if your Apple earbuds don’t have a 3.5mm jack? Well, connect the Apple earbuds with a Lightning connector to a computer as a mic, you’ll need to use a Lightning to USB-A converter. This should have been given to you when you bought the earbuds.
If you don’t have a converter, you can easily buy them online or from a nearby tech store. All you have to do is connect the earbuds to a USB-A converter and then plug them into your computer’s USB slot. You can then follow the steps above to perform software configuration.
Now not all computers use the USB-A slot. There are some brands that also deploy USB-C solutions. These tend to be much smaller than USB-A slots but are not widely used by all computer manufacturers.
Just as you need to convert to a USB-A slot, you will also need to convert to a USB-C slot. Check online and you will find these on popular e-commerce websites.
To use the wireless Apple Airpods as a mic on your computer, you’ll need to pair both devices and then select Airpods as the default device under Recording Settings. Here are the detailed steps to do it.
- Turn on Apple Airpods and put them in pairing mode
- On your PC or laptop, switch on Bluetooth and then pair them with earpods
- You can find bluetooth setting inside control Panel
- In the control panel, you need to look sound either hardware and Sound alternative. Click on it
- In sound window, you will see 4 tabs – Playback, Recording, Communication and Sound
- click on Recording and you will see airpods listed there
- Select them and set them as omission
If for some reason you face left earbud louder than rightYou can easily fix it with these steps.
How to Adjust Mic Volume in Windows 10?
Now that you’ve connected the Apple earbuds as a mic to the PC, you probably want to change the volume level as well. You can also do this with a sound setting similar to the steps above.
However, if you’re still not sure how to do it, here’s a detailed procedure.
- open sound either hardware and Sound from menu control Panel, Alternatively, you can right click on the sound icon on the taskbar and open sound alternative
- In sound Out of the 4 tabs you see in the Settings window, you have to click on Recording tab
- If you’ve connected Apple Earbuds or Apple AirPods to a computer, you’ll see them listed in the window
- Right click on them and then click on Property
- You will again see 4 tabs – General, hear, levels And advanced
- To adjust the volume, click on levels tab
- There will be a volume slider that you can adjust to increase or decrease the mic volume. If you get it closer to 100, the sound output will be much higher. Recommended setting around 90.
- Make changes and then . click on Ok, Applicable Settings.
You can test this by playing an audio file to see the level of sound output. You can also record an audio sample to see if your mic is working efficiently.
How to Adjust Mic Volume on MacBook or iMac?
Changing the mic volume on an Apple MacBook an iMac is a very simple process and can be done through the System Preferences option. There you will find the option of sound to change the mic volume.
Follow the steps below to make changes.
- At the top left corner of the Apple desktop, click on Apple icon
- click on system Preferences and a new window will open
- There you will see an icon for sound
- There are 3 tabs in that window – sound effects, Production And Input, click on Production
- Make sure you are connected to Apple Earbuds or Apple AirPods system
- Click on them and you’ll need to move amount slider to adjust settings
- If you want to adjust the mic sensitivity, press the back button and select Input tab
How to Use Apple Earbuds as Mic for Zoom Calls?
Zoom is one of the most popular conference call software out there now, so if you want to connect your Apple earbuds and use them as a mic for your Zoom calls, you’ll need to launch Zoom on the platform and set the audio settings. will need to be edited.
- Download Zoom to your Laptop, PC or Zoom
- Launch the application and click on Settings
- Click on Audio Options
- Here you can see option to test audio and then also change sound level
- Once you have the audio setting, make a test call and watch the audio performance
Did you find the article helpful? If you’re an Apple Earbuds or Apple AirPods user, you now know how to pair them as a mic to your computer. All the possible scenarios and relevant steps are highlighted above and you can easily follow them to solve your problem.
When you use a system compatible with Apple hardware, making connections and using them as mics is a very easy process. However, if your computer is incompatible, as mentioned above, you will need to look for additional hardware such as audio splitters, USB converters, etc. Plus, before you go, check out our guide on how to fix left earbud not working,
Also Check: How To Charge Cat Ear Headphones 2022 Guide