How to Fix AirPods Flashing Orange Light 2022
Doesn’t it bother when our equipment develops a snag or stops working? Especially the ones that cost a lot?
If you are a fan of Apple then you must be using their latest AirPods and you might be looking for a solution to the orange flashing light here. Correct?
The most effective way to fix AirPods flashing orange light is by resetting the Airpod. To reset your AirPods and AirPods Pro, unpair them from the phone and then repair them.
Here are the steps to fix AirPods blinking orange light:
- For starters, put the Apple AirPods in the charging case and then close the lid properly
- Now wait for about 30-40 seconds and then open the charging case lid.
- Take your iPhone or iPad and then navigate Adjustment alternative
- Go to the bluetooth icon and then open the menu
- You should see Apple AirPods listed there
- Click the i button next to Apple AirPods
- Select Forget this device and then confirm action
- This will un-pair Apple AirPods from your iPhone or iPad
- Now back to the Apple AirPods Charging Case
- Do not close the lid and press and hold the button on the back of the charging case
- Press and hold the button for about 15-20 seconds and you will see the LED lights change to amber and then to white
- Once this is done, you need to go to the Settings option on your iPhone or iPad and then the Bluetooth setting
- When you see your Apple AirPods listed there, start the pairing process
- Apple AirPods will require their charging case to have the lid open
- After successful pairing, see if the problem is fixed
How to reset Apple AirPods with Android device?
To reset Apple AirPods on an Android device you need to go into the Bluetooth settings and then forget the device to re-establish the pairing process from the beginning.
Here’s how you can do it easily:
- On your Android device, click the Settings icon and then look for your Bluetooth settings. If it’s not in the main menu, it may be under the Other Connections option.
- If your Bluetooth is turned on and connected to your Apple AirPods you will see them listed there
- This will unpair AirPods from Apple devices
- turn off bluetooth
- Put the AirPods back in their case and close the lid
- Wait a few seconds then switch on the phone bluetooth
- Open the Apple AirPod case lid and see if the pods appear in the phone’s Bluetooth list
- Connect them once again and this will fix the flashing orange light problem
What do the AirPods flashing lights mean?
So, you’re already panicking if you see an LED other than green? But do you know what a flashing light means? The lights on the Apple AirPods are used to inform the user about the charging status, pairing status, and error notifications. There are three LED colors – green, amber and white.
green led – Green LED usually indicates that charging is complete if your AirPods are in the case and the LED is flashing green it means AirPods and case are 100% charged.
white led – Whenever you start the pairing process, you will see a flashing white LED light on the AirPods charging case.
amber led – Apple usually uses the amber status to show that charging is in process. When you charge the Apple AirPods case or AirPods in them, you’ll see the amber LED switch on. This is a normal LED status light. Whenever you see a flashing amber LED, it means that there is some kind of error and it usually happens with pairing of AirPods. After that you have to follow the steps given above.
There are instances when you won’t see the LED at all. Do not panic, it simply means that the Apple AirPods or the charging case is completely out of power. Connect them to a power source and you will see the amber LED switch on, indicating that the charging process has started.
Why are my Airpods flashing orange – Troubleshooting
Now that you know the meaning of all the LED lights and some ways to fix the orange flashing light problem, here are a few more ways you can troubleshoot problems with your Apple AirPods.
1. Charge AirPods and Case
One of the reasons why you might be experiencing problems with your AirPods is a lack of charge. Whenever you encounter any sort of problem, check your phone to see how much charge is with the AirPods and its case. If they’re running on a low charge, it’s time for a quick top-up. Here’s how you can charge your Apple AirPods.
- Put both AirPods in the case and then close the lid properly
- Take the Lightning cable and insert it into the connector slot found on the bottom of the charging case
- Turn it on and you should see the amber light switch on. This indicates that the case and AirPods are charging
- Allow them to be connected to a power source, depending on how much charge is needed
2. Resetting Your Phone
No, we do not recommend that you reset the entire phone just to fix the flashing orange light problem. We are talking about hard reset without erasing any data. If you are using an iPhone or iPad, press and hold the Power button and Home button simultaneously for at least 5 seconds. Then you will see that the phone is restarting.
However, the process is a bit different if you are using an Android device. Here’s what you have to do.
- turn off android device
- Once it’s off, give it a few seconds
- Now press and hold the Power button and Volume Up button together for a few seconds
- On some phones, you may need to press and hold the power and volume down buttons
- After a few seconds, you will see a menu with various options of reboot, recovery mode, factory reset, etc.
- Select reboot and the phone will restart once
3. Try a Different Device
Before you go to the extreme of buying or servicing new AirPods, we recommend that you try pairing them with a different device and see if the problem persists. If the problem cannot be replicated, then there is a problem with the device, not the AirPods.
4. Check for Updates
Outdated software can cause hardware glitches and cause a flashing amber LED. If your AirPods are connected to an iOS device, go to Settings and check if there is a firmware update for your AirPods and device as well. Install updates, if any, and that should help you fix your problem.
5. Servicing AirPods
If nothing works then you should seek professional help. Check if AirPods are covered under warranty and if so, you can get them serviced for free or even get a free replacement. If they are not then you may have to spend some amount to get them fixed.
How to connect Apple AirPods to iPhone?
- To connect Apple AirPods to iPhone:
- On your iPhone, click on Settings and then Bluetooth. turn it on Click on the Home button to go to the home screen of the phone
- Make sure the AirPods are inside the case and the lid is closed. now open the lid
- On your phone, you will get a connect prompt. Click on it
- The phone will automatically establish the connection
Most frequently asked questions
If you’re using Apple AirPods and connectivity issues, here are some commonly asked questions we’ve matched and answered.
1. Can I connect Apple AirPods to an Android phone?
Yes, you can connect them to an Android phone. Here are the steps to do it.
- Put the AirPods in the case and close the lid
- On your phone, turn on Bluetooth
- Open the AirPods case and then press and hold the button on the bottom of the AirPod case
- You will see that the AirPod is flashing a white LED light
- On your phone, you’ll have AirPods listed under Bluetooth settings. add them now
2. Can I track my AirPods?
Yes, Apple Provides Tracking Functionality Through the Find My iPhone App,
Here’s how to activate it.
- On iPhone, open the Find My iPhone app
- You should see AirPods listed there. Alternatively, you can also log into iCloud and then access Find My iPhone from there to view your AirPods
3. Can I use a different AirPod case to charge my AirPods?
Yes you can. AirPods can be charged with any Apple case or any third party case that is compatible with AirPods.
4. How do I charge AirPods and Case?
To charge AirPods, you can place them inside the case. The case is like a power bank and can charge AirPods multiple times. However, the case also needs to be charged. You can either connect the case to a power source using a Lightning cable. Or the case can also be charged via a wireless charger if they are compatible.
5. How do I check AirPods battery percentage on iPhone?
Here’s how you can check the status of the charge.
- Open the lid and wait a few seconds
- You will now see Case and AirPods battery status on iPhone
- Alternatively, you can also go to the Battery widget and check the charge status
It always causes panic when there is a lack of information. If you’re using Apple AirPods for the first time, and if it flashes an amber LED, most people will be a little upset. But instead of getting upset, all you have to do is do a little research and fix the problem.
This article lists all the steps that you can follow to fix the flashing orange light problem. Most of the time the problem lies with a software glitch and can be resolved either by restarting your devices or by resetting them. The steps are easy to follow and you should be on your way in no time! Also, before you go, here’s a quick fix in case your AirPods have fallen overboard!
Also Check: Best Wireless Headphones for Kids Online Classes