How to Fix AirPods Case Not Charging
AirPods are one of the best quality and most common audio gadgets these days.
However, a common glitch with AirPods is that its case won’t charge at times and in this article, we’re going to go over some ways to fix the problem.
So, how to fix AirPods case not charging issue?
The best way to fix AirPods Case Not Charging issue is to disconnect the power source, close the lid, and then reconnect the power cable. If this doesn’t work, you can fix the problem by resetting the Apple AirPods charging case.
Some other easy ways to fix your AirPods case if it’s not charging:
- power source check
- Cleaning the AirPods Case Thoroughly
- Replacing AirPods Case
- change charging port
- updating software or firmware
- change charging cable
- Unpair and re-pair AirPods from your phone
These are some of the most common fixes that you can try to fix the Apple AirPods case. Usually trying one of these troubleshooting methods will definitely fix your problem. However, if none of the fixes help in resolving the issue, we suggest that you visit an authorized Apple service center and have the AirPods case checked.
You can also decide to replace or replace the charging case if you wish. Let us now elaborate on some of these improvements for your better understanding. Also, if you’ve dropped AirPods in water and they don’t seem to work – you can try the guide and fix them!
If you notice that your Airpods charging case isn’t clean and is full of debris, lint, dust, and rust, use a toothpick or microfiber cloth to clean the case. You can also use a cotton swab and gently clean the mess.
Be very careful when cleaning the case and if you try to push the cloth inside, you could damage the structure. In any case, do not use a wet cloth to clean your charging case as it can cause a short circuit and even damage your AirPods case.
How to Update AirPods Firmware
To update AirPods firmware, you need to go to Settings on the iPhone and then look for any recent software updates. If you see an update, you need to install it. Here are the steps to update the firmware.
- Make sure your phone is connected to the internet
- Once both devices are in close proximity to each other, Apple will automatically start scanning for any new updates that are available for AirPods and will start updating it.
- After the update is complete, go to the Settings menu
- Navigate to General Settings and tap on About option
- Now go to Airpods option settings to check Firmware version which is currently installed
You will see that the AirPods are now updated. In most cases, you can actually fix Airpods case not charging issue by updating Airpods firmware.
Apple keeps on coming up with new updates for all its products including Airpods and it is always good to keep Airpods updated to avoid any unwanted glitches.
How to reset AirPods case?
If the Airpods case is not charging then one of the reasons could be that the case needs to be reset and the operating system needs to be cleared.
To reset the AirPods charging case:
- Put AirPods Inside a Charging Case
- Now press and hold the button on the back of the charging case until the light flashes amber and then turns white
- Release the button when the light turns white
Your Apple AirPods have now been reset and your case should start charging again.
How to unpair and re-pair Apple Airpods in an iPhone?
To unpair and re-pair your AirPods from your phone once again
- Go to your phone’s Settings menu
- Now click on bluetooth menu
- Here click on the AirPods name that appears on your screen and click on Forget Device
Apple AirPods are now disconnected from your phone. Now to pair your Airpods with your phone, follow the steps below.
- Navigate to the Settings menu on the phone
- Find the Bluetooth option and turn it on
- Now put the Airpods inside the charging case and keep their case lid open
- Now keep pressing the button which is on the back of the charging case until the white light starts flashing
- On your phone’s screen, you’ll see an animation of the Airpods case opening
- Click on the Connect option that appears below the animation
Usually when the AirPods charging case won’t charge even after trying various methods, one method that you can try is to unpair the AirPods from your phone and then repair them on your phone. In most cases, this solves the charging problem.
Why is your AirPods case not charging
Some reasons why your AirPods case won’t charge include:
power cable is not connected properly – When connecting your AirPods case with a USB cable, make sure the cable is properly connected to the power outlet and case. If one end is loosely attached, your Airpods case may not charge properly
power outlet is bad– In most cases the power source can be faulty and cause problems. Every power outlet has a time period after which they will not charge properly and may need to be replaced.
wireless charging pad is bad– If you are using a charging pad to charge your AirPods, make sure that the charging pad is not damaged as in most cases the copper coils found inside the wireless charger can stop working after a certain amount of time Huh.
rust formation– The charging ports should be free of dust and debris and it is important for you to keep cleaning the ports. In most of the cases people have seen rust and dust build up inside the charging case which can give you all the trouble.
Using a third-party charging cable – We recommend that you use an Apple charging cable to charge your Airpods case as using a third-party charging cable can cause charging issues with the AirPods case. If the third party charger is of substandard quality, it may not be a good idea to use them
We hope you enjoyed reading today’s article and found it useful. So the next time you try to charge your Airpods and notice that your AirPods case is not charging, don’t forget to read this article and follow all the easy fixes provided here. Apple AirPods charging case should definitely start working with one of the fixes mentioned here.
Also Check: How to Connect AirPods to PS4 and PS5 in 2022