How to Connect AirPods to PS4 and PS5 in 2022
Apple Airpods are probably the best Airpods in the market. They not only look sleek but are extremely comfortable to use and deliver high quality sound for hours.
This makes them very suitable to be used with any gaming platform!
So, can you use AirPods on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5?
Yes, you can use your AirPods with PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 5 with the right adapter and the right kind of settings. However you cannot pair them via bluetooth.
What happens when you try to connect your AirPods directly to your PlayStations?
Since the PS4 and PS5 don’t support Bluetooth audio accessories, when you try to connect your AirPods directly you get an error saying “PS4/PS5 doesn’t support Bluetooth audio accessories”.
This is because once you turn on the AirPods, they start scanning for a Bluetooth signal to pair with and it gives an error message when it is unable to find one.
How to Connect AirPods to PS4 Using Bluetooth Adapter?
Follow the steps given below to connect AirPods to PS4 using Bluetooth adapter –
- Insert the Bluetooth adapter into the USB port on the front of the PS4
- set upAirFly Adapter To pair with your PS4.
- Now press and hold the button on the back of your AirPods until the LED light on the AirPods case turns white
- Your AirPods and your adapter should both be in pairing mode and should pair automatically
Wait for the lights on the Airpods and adapter to stop flashing.
After the pairing is complete, you will see a message on the screen and you have to click on confirm there.
How to Connect AirPods to PS4 Without Using a Bluetooth Adapter?
To connect Apple AirPods to PS4 without using a Bluetooth adapter, you’ll need to use a smartphone that can be either Android or iOS. Through this method, you will be using your smartphone as your screen and playing your PS4 games on your phone using Apple AirPods.
This game is a great way to play when you are traveling or away from home. In situations when you don’t have a TV screen, it can be a useless way to enjoy your games on your PS4 device.
By the way, if you ever face a situation where you have airpods dropped in water – Our guide will save you!
How to connect PS4 and Apple AirPods to smartphone without using bluetooth adapter?
To connect PS4 and Apple AirPods to your smartphone without using a Bluetooth adapter, these are the steps that need to be followed-
- turn on ps4 console
- Download the PS4 or PS5 Remote Play app to your phone from the App Store
- You will now be asked to sign in to your PlayStation account
- Once you’ve signed in to your account, your smartphone will be compatible with your PS4. will start searching
- Once the PS4 is detected by your phone go to your phone’s settings menu
- Now go to bluetooth settings
- Now pair the PS4 controller with your phone
Connect Apple AirPods to your phone as usual. Your devices are now interconnected and you can start playing your favorite games on your phone using your AirPods.
If you have an Xbox, here’s how to pair headphones to an Xbox One!
How to Connect AirPods to PS5 Using Bluetooth Adapter?
To connect AirPods to PS5 using a Bluetooth adapter, follow the steps below
- First, plug the Bluetooth adapter into your PlayStation 5 USB port which is located on the back of the station
- Turn on the Bluetooth adapter and put it in pairing mode
- Now wait till the light flashes in the adapter
- Now put your AirPods in their charging case
- Make sure your AirPods charging case is open
- Now press the button on the back of the case for a few seconds
- The white light will now appear and flash which indicates that the AirPods are ready to pair
Your AirPods and Bluetooth adapter should now be able to find each other and pair automatically. Once the flashing light on the adapter stops flashing it indicates that the AirPods have been paired. AirPods are now connected to your PS5 and you can now start playing your favorite game on Apple AirPods with an incredible audio experience.
We hope you found the article helpful and interesting to read. Next time you want to pair your AirPods with your PlayStation 4 or PlayStation 5, we hope this article was able to help and guide you in connecting your AirPods to your favorite PlayStation. Also, before you go, check out how to connect Powerbeats Pro to Windows 10!
Also Check: Cat Ear Headphones For Online Classes 2022